IPP Progress Report for the week 2012-05-28 - 2012-06-01

(Up to IPP Progress Reports)

Eugene Magnier

This week, with telescope operations off line for a bit, we decided to dump and re-ingest the full Nebulous database. The dump was smooth, though somewhat slow, but the re-ingest was much slower than expected. We decided to switch to the replicated server as the main database engine while the main server continued to ingest. This gives us a (apparently successful) real-world test of our fall over process.

  • provided some text contributions to Henry Hsieh's MBC proposal to NASA
  • merged my branch with DVO-related dev work and psphot/psModules model variance work into the trunk
  • discovered that the 'haveUbercal' and 'haveSynth' photometry flags in the dvo 3pi database were not set correctly, so re-ran relphot to ensure these were set
  • re-generated all-sky 2mass comparison plots and basic relphot stats plots
  • re-generated the all-sky tables for Mark Bolden & published to the dvodist server

Serge Chastel

  • Monday off (Mem day)
  • Installed trac watch and announcement plugins on the ipp wiki
  • ipp home directory cleaning
  • nebulous ingestion
  • czar on Wed and Thu

Heather Flewelling

  • helped jt with smfs
  • helped rjw with smfs
  • planning alaska stuff (including poster)
  • planning durham stuff
  • working on how to integrate staticsky changes into addstar
  • testing of SA6 prior to release

Mark Huber

  • Czar Tuesday and Friday
  • DRAVG minutes
  • dealing with MD09.GR0 reprocessing and new refstack

Bill Sweeney

  • Reported results of psphotStack photometry to DRAVG. Many questions.
    • The data shows that the psphotStack measurements based on the morphology of objects like the Kron measurements and the model fits show better results when using the unconvolved stacks.
    • There is an offset between SDSS stripe 82 psf magnitudes and psphotStack when a Gaussian psf model is used. A smaller offset results using the PS_MODEL_PS1_V1
    • The scatter in the kron magnitudes appears to be larger than with psphot. This turned out to be due to a bug in the code causing sources with bad moments to be measured.
  • Implemented and tested a feature that limits the kron integration area based on the surface brigthness of the source. With this change the kron radii are much better behaved.
  • Based on all of the above we have updated the psphot recipes and code and created a new operational tag. We are ready for SAStest.v5
  • Note: worked half of last Saturday and Memorial Day. Took holiday on Friday instead.

Chris Waters

  • Vacation
  • AAS Poster